CGT:TSX.V
CBGDF:OTCQX

Columbus Gold Corp.

Columbus Gold Corp. is a gold exploration and development company operating in French Guiana and Nevada. At its 100% owned Paul Isnard project in French Guiana, the company is developing the Montagne d'Or gold deposit, which hosts a current NI-43-101-compliant Inferred resource of 4.3 Moz (140.1 Mmt at 1 g/t gold at a 0.4 g/t cutoff), with considerable expansion potential between widely spaced holes, in parallel zones, on strike and at depth. In Nevada, Columbus is developing its 100%-owned Eastside gold project, located 32 km from the town of Tonopah. Of the 18 strategically located gold projects in Nevada, 8 are currently optioned.

Expert Comments:

Mick Carew, Haywood Securities (3/13/15)
"Columbus Gold Corp. announced the completion of its phase 2 drill program at its Paul Isnard project in French Guiana. . .not only did drilling successfully confirm good continuity along strike, but it also identified potential economic gold mineralization in the adjacent Foot Wall zone (FWZ) which could lower the strip ratio of a potential open-pit operation. The deposit has now been defined over 2,500m along strike and 400m (average) depth. . .the company is now working on an updated resource/geological model, with a new resource estimate expected Q2/15. Preliminary environmental and economic assessments are both currently underway and also expected in Q2/15."

Thibaut Lepouttre, Caesars Report (3/11/15)
"Columbus Gold Corp. has announced another batch of drill results from its Paul Isnard gold project in French Guiana. This is a very important update as it looks like the average grade of the mineralized rocks is improving toward the west. . .we still think Nordgold N.V. will try to secure full ownership of the project somewhere in the next 18–24 months and consider Columbus Gold to be one of the prime takeover targets this year."

Eric Coffin, Hard Rock Analyst (3/9/15)
"Columbus Gold Corp. released a summary of the Phase 2 metallurgical test work for the Paul Isnard project. . .the Bond Work Index for both zones was moderate, which is a better result than expected. The Bond Index is a measure of the amount of energy needed to crush the rock to the requited fineness for gold recovery. . .accumulate on gold price weakness for the PEA and a drill start in Nevada."

Jay Taylor, Gold, Energy & Tech Stocks (3/6/15)
"I love Columbus Gold Corp. for two reasons: First, its project in French Guiana is almost certainly going to be a big winner with Nordgold N.V. moving forward to 50.01%, leaving Columbus Gold with a 49.99% joint venture position in the Paul Isnard project. There is very little downside for Columbus shareholders from this point onward. . .in addition, Columbus Gold is operating to a very great extent as a prospect generator with an extensive portfolio of properties in Nevada. On one of those properties, however—namely, the Eastside project—the company made a significant gold discovery on its own, so it is electing to move that project forward to create value."

Haywood Securities (3/6/15)
"Columbus Gold Corp. announces additional (phases 2 and 3) metallurgical test results from its 100%-controlled Montagne d'Or gold deposit, Paul Isnard project in French Guiana. . .combined gold recovery of 95.9% from the Upper Felsic zone (UFZ) and 96.0% from the Lower Favorable zone (LFZ). . .the results demonstrate the high recovery rates of gold and silver from ore at Montagne d'Or. . .a preliminary economic assessment incorporating the results from the metallurgical tests is expected in March 2015."

Thibaut Lepouttre, Caesars Report (2/27/15)
"Columbus Gold Corp. has released more drill results to the market from its ongoing drill program at the Paul Isnard project. The continuity of the mineralized system seems to be confirmed with impressive intercepts such as 142m containing 1.21 g/t gold and 87m of 1.4 g/t."

More Comments

Experts Commenting on This Company


The information provided above is from analysts, newsletters and other contributors. Please contact the company and visit its website before making an investment decision.
Investing Highlights
 
Fully Financed in French Guiana to Advance to Resource Update/PEA
 
Commencing 47,000m Drill Program at Eastside Gold Discovery in Nevada
 
Strong Treasury and Undervalued to Peer Group
catalyst Calendar
Columbus Gold Corp. Content