To offset the risks involved with fluctuating gold prices, Victoria Gold Corp. (VIT:TSX.V) recently announced it has entered into a "gold price protection program" for its Eagle Gold Project in Canada's Yukon Territory.
The hedging program, entered into with Macquarie Bank Ltd. includes the following provisions:
- 100,000 ounces of put options were purchased with a strike price of CA$1,500/oz,
- 100,000 ounces of call options were sold with a strike price of CA$1,936/oz, and
- the 100,000 ounces include 40,000 oz in 2020 and 60,000 oz in 2021.
The company also described the program as "unsecured and [a] zero-cost collar" in its May 14 press release.
In other recent news, Victoria Gold announced it had filed documentation with the TSX.V exchange with regard to its royalty agreement with Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. (OR:TSX; OR:NYSE) and a March 8 private placement. Under the terms of the royalty agreement, Victoria Gold "shall sell to Osisko a 5 percent net smelter return (NSR) royalty for proceeds of $98 million." With regard to the private placement, 250 million shares were purchased at $0.50 per share, as were 25 million share purchase warrants with an exercise price of $0.625/share over five years.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report interviews like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new interviews and articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Tracy Salcedo compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Victoria Gold Corp. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.