In a Sept. 4 research note, Haywood analyst Mick Carew reported that GT Gold Corp.'s (GTT:TSX.V) recent drill results from the Saddle North discovery at its Tatogga project in British Columbia are "positive overall."
"The results complement earlier results from Saddle North and demonstrate continuity within both high-grade core and lower-grade, near-surface mineralization," he added.
Carew reviewed the new drill results, which are from the completed first phase, consisting of 10,000 meters (10,000m), of the Saddle North program.
Assay highlights included 1,206 meters (1,206m) grading 0.57 grams per ton (0.57 g/t) gold, 0.26% copper, 0.96 g/t silver from 18m downhole, including 51m grading 4.05 g/t gold, 0.3% copper and 3.06 g/t silver.
Mineralization extended downplunge and along strike. Specifically, hole TTD126 extended copper-gold mineralization at depth to about 1,4001,500m downplunge. At that depth, the higher-grade core spans about 250300m in width by about 250300m in strike length.
Hole TTD125 suggested the potential for near-surface, open-pit mining as it showed lower-grade, near-surface copper-gold mineralization. It extended this shallow zone 200m to the northwest. Carew pointed out, however, that the bulk of the Saddle North deposit would likely require underground mining if an economic resource were defined, and such an approach can be capital intensive.
Carew noted the next steps for GT Gold and Saddle North. The company is now in the drill program's second phase, which will consist of a total of 15,000m of infill and expansion drilling along with drilling of peripheral targets around Saddle North.
Once phase two is completed, likely in October, GT Gold intends to pursue preparation of an initial resource estimate. Already management has started "to consult with external engineering groups and others to garner a better understanding of what is required for an initial resource estimate as well as the economic potential of the project," added the analyst.
GT Gold is trading today at around CA$0.98 per share.[NLINSERT]
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Disclosures from Haywood Securities, GT Gold Corp., Uncovered Radar Flash, September 4, 2019
Analyst Certification: I, Mick Carew, hereby certify that the views expressed in this report (which includes the rating assigned to the issuers shares as well as the analytical substance and tone of the report) accurately reflect my/our personal views about the subject securities and the issuer. No part of my/our compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations.
Of the companies included in the report the following Important Disclosures apply:
▪Haywood Securities, Inc. has reviewed lead projects of GT Gold Corp. (GTT-V) and a portion of the expenses for this travel have been reimbursed by the issuer.
▪ Haywood Securities Inc. or an Affiliate has managed or co-managed or participated as selling group in a public offering of securities for GT Gold Corp. (GTT-V) in the past 12 months.
Other material conflict of interest of the research analyst of which the research analyst or Haywood Securities Inc. knows or has reason to know at the time of publication or at the time of public appearance: n/a.
Research policy is available here.