Pretium Resources Inc. (PVG:TSX; PVG:NYSE) recently reported the results of underground exploration drilling east from the Valley of the Kings. Two holes over 1,500 meters in depth intersected Brucejack-style mineralization. Proximity to porphyry-style mineralization at depth was suggested by anomalous copper and molybdenum mineralization.
The drilling was conducted to test mineralization continuity between the Valley of the Kings and the Flow Dome. B
The presence of Brucejack-style mineralization was confirmed from the eastern boundary of the Valley of the Kings to below the Flow Dome Zone. Drilling in 2015 intersected high-grade gold in this patch of land 1,000 meters east of the Brucejack Mine. Veining, mineralization, and Brucejack-style alteration were intersected by oriented core drilling within the length of both drill holes. The drilling was also conducted to test the porphyry potential.
Hole VU-820 intersected:
- 1.71 grams of gold per tonne over 90.21 meters, including 5.12 grams of gold per tonne over 1.00 meter, 6.43 over 4.00 meters, 58.70 over 1.00 meter, and 6.06 over 1.00 meters;
- 46.00 grams of gold per tonne over 1.00 meter;
Hole VU-911 intersected:
- 157.00 grams of gold per tonne over 0.50 meters, visible gold was observed;
- 142.00 grams of gold per tonne over 1.50 meters;
- 76.30 grams of gold per tonne over 0.50 meters, visible gold was observed;
- 33.60 grams of gold per tonne over 0.50 meters, visible gold was observed.
In drill hole VU-911, the zone of anomalous mineralization extends at depths between 1,400 meters and 1,485 meters. In drill hole VU-820, it extends more widely at depths between 1260 meters to 1585 meters.
Pretium Resources is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, and is ramping up production at the high-grade underground Brucejack mine in British Columbia.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Jake Richardson compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Pretium Resources. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Pretium Resources, a company mentioned in this article.