In multiple press releases over the four weeks, Gold Standard Ventures Corp. (GSV:TSX.V; GSV:NYSE) announced results from two deposits on its 100%-owned and controlled Railroad Project in Nevada's Carlin Trend.
A Dec. 7 announcement outlined results from four infill holes at Dark Star, the larger of the two deposits.
A few key highlights are listed below:
- Infill core hole DS17-28 intersected 68.4m of 3.35 g Au/t, including two higher-grade zones of 7.0m of 14.30 g Au/t and 6.0m of 10.30 g Au/t.
- DS17-30 is a RC hole completed approximately 35m south of DS16-08 and 30m east of DS17-28. The hole intersected a thick zone of 164.6m of 2.26 g Au/t, including three higher-grade zones of 16.8m of 4.12 g Au/t, 16.8m of 2.86 g Au/t, and 36.6m of 3.51 g Au/t.
- DS17-29 is a RC hole completed approximately 60m south of DS17-28 and 30m east of DS17-20 (136.0m of 2.67 g Au/t). The hole (DS17-29) intersected 118.9m of 1.27 g Au/t including three higher grade zones of 9.1m of 2.98 g Au/t, 4.6m of 4.36 g Au/t, and 33.5m of 1.70 g Au/t.
"Infill drilling at Dark Star continues to return grades and thicknesses above our expectations based on the current resource model. This deposit is taking shape as a potentially exceptional economic opportunity. Drilling is still proceeding with five rigs working on Dark Star and several exploration targets throughout the Railroad Project," Jonathan Awde, CEO and director of Gold Standard, stated regarding the release of the Dark Star results.
The second deposit with higher than expected results is the Pinion oxide deposit. According to a Nov. 21 announcement, the results at the Pinion North Zone "include 56.4m of 1.68 g Au/t in PIN17-02, 42.7m of 1.23 g Au/t in PIN17-10, 15.2m of 1.66 g Au/t in PIN17-04 and 32.0m of 0.89 g Au/t in PIN17-05." The Pinion Main Zone results include "PIN17-10 intersected 42.7m of 1.23 g Au/t including a higher-grade interval of 22.8m of 1.92 g Au/t; and PIN17-05 intersected 32.0m of 0.89 g Au/t including 12.2m of 1.66 g Au/t."
Jonathan Awde stated: "We are pleasantly surprised by our Pinion infill drilling success which appears to be adding resource ounces at better than expected grades. We think these new results could make a valuable contribution to the Preliminary Economic Assessment now in progress. Pinion is no longer the small deposit of uncertain grade and metallurgy that we acquired four years ago."
Joe Reagor, an analyst with ROTH Capital, noted in a Nov. 29 report that Gold Standard Ventures "has done additional metallurgical work on its Railroad project, which showed recovery rates above our prior expectations." Reagor believes Gold Standard Ventures "is significantly undervalued in the current gold price environment" and maintains a Buy rating.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an employee. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Gold Standard Ventures. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
Disclosures from ROTH Capital Partners, Gold Standard Ventures Corp., Company Note, Nov. 29, 2017
Regulation Analyst Certification ("Reg AC"): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
ROTH makes a market in shares of Gold Standard Ventures Corp. and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis.
Shares of Gold Standard Ventures Corp. may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission's Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months.