Centenera Mining Corp. (CT:TSX.V; CTMIF:OTCQX) recently announced it signed a definitive property option agreement for the Esperanza Copper-Gold Project in San Juan Province, Argentina. Previously, the company entered into a binding Letter of Intent with an arm's length vendor by which Centenera was granted an exclusive option to acquire a 100% interest in this project.
"Signing a definitive option agreement for Esperanza is an important milestone for Centenera. The recent drill program at the project returned excellent results, confirmed our belief that Esperanza has significant bulk tonnage potential and sets the stage for us to actively seek joint venture partners to advance the Project," said Keith Henderson, Centenera's president and CEO.
The Esperanza Copper-Gold Project consists of 32 mining claims in the San Juan Province.
Some of the drilling highlights from this project are:
- 2018 drill program intersected continuous mineralization from surface to end of hole: 387m in Hole 18-ESP-025, 451m in Hole 18-ESP-027
- Deposit remains open both laterally and at depth
- Four priority drill targets identified to assess bulk tonnage potential.
Through the payment of US$2,306,000 and the issuance of common shares in the company valued at US$500,000 to the vendor, Centenera has the exclusive right and option to earn a 100% interest in the project, subject to acceptance by the TSX Venture Exchange. Of the first figure mentioned, US$208,000 has been paid to date.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Centenera is a mineral exploration company with a diversified portfolio of assets in Argentina.
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Jake Richardson compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Centenera Mining. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Centenera Mining, a company mentioned in this article.